Sunday, March 4, 2012

New Callings, Leap Day and Grocery Shopping

So, by now Jason and I have both been fully integrated in the ward it seems. We both have a calling and are speaking in church next week. I was called as the Relief Society activities leader and a few weeks later Jason received a call as secretary in the Sunday School Presidency. We just got back from dinner at the Sunday School president's house with the rest of the presidency and their wives. The food was delicious and it was fun to get to know some more people in the ward.

In other news, we are both staying busy with school and work. Getting down to the last six weeks of the semester is exciting. Okay, I guess that's almost half left, but still, pretty exiting to be getting close. Then I'll just have a few more internship hours to do and I'll be done!

On Tuesday night we went with Jason's friend Craig and watched Star Wars Episode 1 in 3D which apparently is not the best one, but it was fun for me because it is the one Star Wars movie that I saw in the theater with my family when it first came out.

For Leap Day we decided to make Jason's mom's sugar cookie recipe. We had to get some ingredients so we took a quick trip to Target and stopped by Skipper's to get free chowder with coupons from the Daily Universe. Jason said they didn't taste exactly like his mom's cookies, but that they were pretty good.


Don't let my demon eyes disturb you





I saw something on a friend's blog that looked fun so I decided to do it here even though Leap Day is past.

Last Leap Day: Jason and I did not know each other. I was here at BYU taking some fun classes and living a few blocks south of campus with my cousin and some other friends. I was getting ready to go to Sweden that summer and was having fun. Jason on the other hand was working hard on his mission in Argentina.

Today: We are living in Provo going to BYU having fun learning more about each other and making our little apartment a home. I graduate in June and Jason will finish up in April 2013.

Next Leap Day: I asked Jason where he thought we would be in four years and he said we would probably have one or two kids and that we would be going to medical school someplace other than Utah. He's not a huge fan of Utah. I'm sure we'll be having fun together somewhere and learning lots.

On Friday night Jason had to take a test to I went home for a bit and went to my sisters' high school basketball game. They won and went on to the semi-finals the next day, but sadly lost that game.

Saturday we were pretty boring and ran a few errands, cleaned, and did homework all day. Speaking of running errands...we decided that Jason can't go shopping with me anymore. We always seem to spend at least twice as much on groceries when we go shopping together rather than me going by myself.

Anyway, that's our week. Not super exciting, but we're loving life and having fun. Have a great one!

4 comments:

  1. YES! I made it in the blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! You guys are cute :) If you or Jason have questions about medical school or that whole process, we'd love to talk sometime. I feel like we're kind of experts haha. PS the U med school really does suck.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. So. A Utah hater, eh, Jason? Typical Californian... :)

    Whenever I send Dan to grocery shop he spends way more too. He always adds in "necessities" like fancy root beer and imported Mexican cheeses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fancy Root beer is awesome, and I'd totally buy cheese from Argentina if I saw it at the store. P.S. Considering that there is only one med school in Utah, it's not likely that I'd go there. I like Utah, I just don't see myself here. Can't accept people of other backgrounds? Typical Utahan...:)

    ReplyDelete