Sunday, March 25, 2012

Life is Good

To all of our faithful followers who diligently read our blog every week, sorry for not posting last week. Who am I kidding? We don't have any of those. :) Hopefully I can catch up a little bit with this post.

Jason's grandma passed away a week ago and that made for an emotional weekend. I first met Jason's "Mimi" (as she was called by her grandchildren) in June when Jason and I were in CA to welcome Brian, Jason's brother, home from his mission. We went over to visit her one day and my first impression of her was just how sweet she was. She was so attentive to me--asking me about my family and my life in her quiet voice--and made me feel so welcome in her home. I saw her again on Christmas Eve when we had a nice family dinner together at Jason's parents' house and she was so kind in wanting to hear all about the cruise that Jason and I had been on and looking at all the pictures (the other family members I'm sure were sick of hearing about it). The last time I saw her was at our Open House in California and it was such a blessing to have her sweet presence there. I'm so grateful we were able to take some pictures with her on that occasion and so grateful for the opportunity I had to meet this wonderful woman even though I only saw her on a few occasions. We were not able to attend the funeral in California because we were both super busy with school and work and MCAT prep, so we were sad to miss that, but our thoughts were with everyone who was there.


Mine and Jason's 3 month anniversary was last Saturday on Saint Patrick's Day and much to my surprise I woke up to roses. Jason is such a thoughtful and sweet husband and so good at remembering special dates. At least for now. We'll see how he does in the years to come. :) Saturday was also a good day because I made bread for the first time since being married and it turned out well. I made some yesterday as well, so I'm having fun using my new Kitchenaid. Saturday is always such a cleanup/cooking/laundry day for us because we just don't have much time during the week to stay on top of it all with both of us being in school and working. We can't have visitors over during the week because the house is pretty messy, but we get it all clean "so we can be ready for Sunday." :)

Hmm, movie update. We watched "So I Married an Axe Murderer." It was my first time seeing it and I was surprised by how many quotes I had heard from that movie without ever knowing what they were from. Jason was surprised by how much I was freaking out at the end of the movie while he was laughing. Axes are freaky! But it was a funny and enjoyable movie. We are excited for Hunger Games and will hopefully be able to go see that this week. We read the first two books together and then I got impatient and read the third book on my own. :) But he read it too and we both really liked the books, so we are excited to see the movie.

Today at church, after Sunday School, one of the dad's in the class took a car away from his 18-month-old son to give it back to the child to whom it belonged. His son was devastated and collapsed on the floor and started sobbing. Well, Jason went up to the kid and held out his arms to him and the boy reached up to him through his tears. Jason picked him up and started consoling him and his parents were so surprised that he had reached out to Jason like that. I guess Jason is practicing to be a dad or at least trying to steal other people's children's loyalties. :) On the topic of children...there was a baby blessing earlier that day in Sacrament Meeting and I was just commenting on how cute the baby was. Jason retorted, "Easy, honey. Babies are fun until they get poopy diapers and start crying." Later in the meeting, several babies started crying and Jason looked at me giving me the "I told you so" look, but was surprised when I said, "I still want one." He thought that was pretty funny and requested that I tell the story here on the blog, so there you go.

We are having fun getting to know more people in our ward and slowly finishing organizing our apartment. I keep telling Jason, "Once I'm done with classes, I'll do ____" so I might be pretty busy this summer. :) It's our favorite thing now to talk about what we will do in the summer when we don't have school and homework to worry about. Life is good. Have a great week!

1 comment: