Sunday, February 26, 2012

Another Week at the Andersons'

            Due to the obligations that the Andersons face each week it seems that without a car crash, a purchase of a new fangled appliance (P.S. I thought that since Michelle got a Kitchenaid that there would be a fresh batch of cookies waiting for me when I got home from class each day. Sadly only one batch of cookies has been produced. I'm hoping my mom will send the sugar cookie recipe up soon for the next holiday), blood or fainting there is really nothing to report. But, like I said before we make our own adventures and fun.

         
               What I can say is that we are thankful for President's day, cause we got to play Ultimate Frisbee in 3-4 inches of crunchy snow at Kiwanis Park.  It was a great day to play.  Good sunshine great snow and even better company. Michelle and I actually "met" on a day like this last year.  After I had invited her and her sister Bekah to come play with us for Civil Rights day in January and they were brave enough to play Frisbee with a bunch of guys and girls that they didn't even know.  I'm glad they did. :-).  So it was a fun day to play around and feel sore for the next day or two.

            For another sentimental side note, it was one year to the day on the 23rd when this cute blonde returned sister missionary looked up at me and asked me "Are we official?" This was after 2 weeks of dating.  I was planning on avoiding the DTR, I thought we could be adults about it and just know that we were official and exclusive but she needed to get the verbal commitment from me.  Apparently she had been getting offers from "other guys" to go on dates and didn't know what to do....silly girl.  I told her she could go on dates with them only if they spent a lot of money on her, like a date to PF Changs, or Tucanos, lol.

           Marriage: It's been two months and Michelle's been training me to be a homemaker and a handy man.  Since we have been married I've had to install (with the help of my uncle Chad) a washer and a dryer, hang a mirror*, hand a whiteboard*, build a bookshelf* (it's amazing what a bookshelf can do to a home--we got rid of 3 full boxes of books), and undo a drain so I could fetch a lost earring.  The homemaker part comes with me doing the dishes after our evening meals (I feel it is only fair after she cooks it), cleaning the living room, vacuuming around the house, and sweeping the kitchen.  When I was vacuuming the other day I couldn't help but think about the movie "Joseph Smith: The Prophet of the Restoration" when Jesse comes up to Joseph to council him about the chores that he is participating in.



Go to 47:50 and watch to 49:21

            Though our lives seem to be consumed with homework day in and day out, we did take some time to go the last BYU Basketball home game this weekend.  It was great to be in the student section and cheer with some crazy true blue fans.  Sadly however we didn't get there in time to get a cool headband, but we did get to use my friend, Dan Lewis' handicap parking permit.


  When I had that pass hanging from my rear view mirror I felt as if I could run red lights and not worry about anything, or drive on the wrong side of the road just for fun.  Due to the frequent accidents in our short marriage I decided against those urges.  We did get a sweet parking spot though.


So I think I like adding pictures to this blog so I have to add two more.  I don't know if this was mentioned in the last post but when Michelle and I were driving up the Canyon with our recently detailed car (the crash) we were doing 50 up the canyon to go to my mission president's home, when the hood of the car flew up.  Other than making me almost pee my pants I could only think of "Tommy Boy" when the same thing happened to them.
Here is the car

Here is what we looked like when we were driving up the canyon



Just watch till 1:00  Don't watch much more or else it will counteract the good feeling from the first clip.
P.S. After I told my Uncle Barclay what had happened he first made sure that we were okay, he then laughed and then sent me the above picture from Tommy Boy....haha.....Shut up Richard.

I hope this blog keeps you informed and smiling.

Spiritual Note: " Nevertheless, Jacob, my first-born in the wilderness, thou knowest the greatness of God; and he shall consecrate thine afflictions for thy gain."  
I feel that this scripture, when you liken it to yourself, says that the trials and challenges that we go through will be consecrated for our benefit.  Joseph had a similar revelation in Liberty Jail (Doctrine and Covenants 121).  So what I want to say is that don't let your trials weigh you down, but be lifted up by the power of the Atonement.  It was this message I needed this week to help Michelle and I through this week. 
















*- Pretty easy to do, but sounds impressive

1 comment:

  1. Umm... Chelle? Are you praying in the picture of you at the BYU b-ball game?

    ReplyDelete