Sunday, January 29, 2012

Meatballs

Sweet & Sour Meatballs
So, in trying to think about what to write about I asked Jason what happened this week. His response: "Nothing happened this week. We ate meatballs." We did in fact eat meatballs (our new recipe of the week made by yours truly. See photo.) and apparently for Jason it was the highlight of the week. I am completely justified in my statement (cited in Jason's post last week) that he cares about food much more than I do.

But yes, on Monday we did try out a new recipe--Sweet and Sour Meatballs--from our new cookbook "Our Best Bites: Mormon Moms' Cookbook." It turned out well and Jason really liked the sauce, so I'll have to make it again sometime.

My new show this week
Jason did a lot of homework and studying for the MCAT this week which meant I had a lot of time by myself and while I could have done all of my reading for my classes and gotten ahead even, I decided to start a new TV show. Don't worry, I did get to doing my homework eventually. I started a show called Downton Abbey. It is about a British noble family in the early 1900s and what goes on in their lives and in the lives of their servants. It addresses issues of class struggle, women's rights, World War 1, and other events of the early 1900s. It's very interesting.


School is very busy for both of us, but it is going very well. We are both enjoying our classes, but I'm getting very excited to be done with classes after this semester. Then I'll just have a few more internship hours for my TESOL minor and I'll be done! I'm trying to get more internship hours right now so if you know of anyone who needs to be tutored in English, let me know.

We are slowly getting more and more settled into our apartment: getting rid of boxes, organizing things (somewhat), and turning it into a home for us. There is still a lot to do, but we're getting there.

On Wednesday, we went to Buffalo Wild Wings with Jason's brother, Brian and his old roommate Dan. For those of you who have never been (this would have been me before this week) this is a sports bar and grill with TVs everywhere. There were at least 5 different games being shown on the screens around the room and it was pretty chaotic. It was cool though and we had a fun time watching the Jazz game (among others) even though they got beaten by the Toronto Raptors in double overtime.

Another highlight of the week was playing dodge-ball yesterday with some friends. It was a lot of fun to spend time with some friends we hadn't seen in a while and have a good time together. Jason and I were both sore this morning from all the dodging, jumping, and running, so we'll have to see how long that lasts, but it was definitely worth it.

Well, I think that's it for this week's post. Have a great week! Happy National Puzzle Day! (seriously, check it out)

1 comment:

  1. Michelle! We should have MCAT parties--we can catch up while our husbands study. :) Dallin is doing BYU's prep course and will take the MCAT at the end of May. Have you looked at schools a lot yet?

    ReplyDelete