Sunday, January 1, 2012

First Blog Post

Well, I made it a goal to write in my journal and/or blog every Sunday, so I had better start out with a successful first Sunday, but since I had to take the time to create this new blog and I am rather tired this post will probably not be very long.


Jason & I were married on December 17, 2011. We got married at 1:00 P.M. which gave us some time in the morning to pick up the wedding book at 6 A.M., run some other errands, get my hair and makeup done and get to the temple right on time. Surprisingly, I didn't really feel nervous at all. It all just felt a little surreal that my wedding day was finally here. The sealing was wonderful of course with family and friends there to rejoice with us in entering the marriage covenant. We took some pictures afterwards (which will be on here once I get them) and then went to the church for the wedding luncheon and reception later that evening. The day kind of went by in a blur, but it was a wonderful day. Everything turned out beautifully despite a few changes in plans and we are so grateful to everyone who helped make the day so perfect.
Sunset from our balcony on the ship

We flew to L.A. the next morning and boarded our cruise ship at the port of Long Beach. The cruise was amazing. We visited two different ports in Mexico where we had a chance to go snorkeling, kayaking, and zip-lining and we had lots of time to relax and explore the huge cruise ship.

We got back to L.A. on Christmas Eve morning and spent that evening and Christmas with Jason's family and flew back to Utah the day after Christmas. I've been back at work this last week and we've been moving in to our apartment in Provo. We have a bit more organizing to do, but we've moved everything to our apartment and started making it a home for us. We went to our family ward today and definitely noticed the difference in noise level between that and a single's/student ward. We are excited to start our life together and hope we can share some of our experiences here to keep a record and also to keep family and friends up to date on what's going on in our lives. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment